Friday, June 29, 2012

36 weeks- 28 days and counting...

I am officially down to 4 weeks left. It's terrifying yet exhilarating to think that in just one short month I could have a little girl nestled up in my arms instead of cocooned in my belly. Matthew predicts it will be less time than that- he's calling the 15th. Of course I think that's just because he is getting more and more impatient as each day passes. I, on the other hand, am filling out a bucket list of things I want to do for the last time before she arrives since I won't be free to come and go like I am so used to doing. More on that later...
Had my 36 week exam on Wednesday- she is in the head down position and is lower than she has been before. My body is getting ready for the big day and my dr couldn't be happier. Of course I'll be thrilled once it's all over as I'm not particularly looking forward to the actual labor process... But, as people have emphasized several times over the past few weeks, women have been doing this since the beginning of time and my body will take over when it's time.
Still dealing with heartburn and cramped stomach space; although it has gotten a little easier since she's lower. My back pain is gradually increasing and by the end of the day, my belly feels so heavy and cumbersome. I've really put on some bump over the past few weeks and no wonder- she is somewhere close to 6 pounds and 18 in. Baby girl is getting ready for life in the external :)

No comments:

Post a Comment