Wednesday, January 11, 2012

happy mommy, happy kitty

One of the most precious things we've noticed about the pregnancy is Sushi's eager attentiveness to me. He has always been a 'mama's boy', but since I've been pregnant he's become even more so. He follows me around the house, staying faithfully in the room where I am until I move to another room; if he's napping in our room, he'll come every so often to check on me; he meows incessantly until I rub noses with him every morning; he sleeps every night curled up next to me - if I move, he moves over until he's touching me again. If Matthew is paying attention to me, such as giving me a hug and kiss or talking to me, he sits at our feet and stares up intently watching every move.
Matthew enjoys tickling me - I think it's because he likes to hear me screech. So last night in a sudden tickle attack, I squealed at him to stop and Sushi bounded off the bed over to where we were and howled at Matthew several times, giving him a cat 'glare'. We couldn't stop laughing. I went over to the bed and Sushi followed me back, putting his paw on my lap to make sure I was ok. What a precious little guy.
We can't wait to see his reaction to our new little one. I've heard of cats being jealous; I've also heard of cats that are very protective of babies - like little watchers. I have a feeling Sushi is going to be the latter because of how much he loves us. Of course, I know to be careful with babies around cats; but I am hopeful that our little darling will be a welcome addition to our kitty's affections.

No comments:

Post a Comment